Monday, June 1, 2009

Whiling away time or not?

Since I don't really want to get a "real job", I have been forgoing the job search in lieu of programming, which, truthfully, could be a lot of work for nuthin'. There are really robust software packages like Trading Blox, that, if I had a job, I could purchase and do a great deal of the testing I would need to do. But, instead, I am spending 6 1/2 hours a day adding functionality to two buttons because I am treading in new programming territory. I don't know if it's worth it.

So I have feeling a little lost. But all I want to do is program, build a system, get my capital, and trade the system. I really don't want to do anything else if I can help it. A Wharton MBA degree could help provide some cachet and a safety net if I blow out and I wouldn't mind having that. But I find it hard to believe that I will get in there, especially if I do not take a semi-prestigious job now.

Maybe if I just do what I want to do--what I REALLY want to do in pursuit of my goal--then everything will fall in place. Maybe the Trading Tribe posse are right when they say:

INTENTION = RESULTS

No comments:

Post a Comment